Great Malvern Priory Parochial Church Council
Great Malvern Priory is a large Anglican church with an active congregation of about 200 people. This Norman church was part of the Benedictine Priory of Great Malvern, founded by Aldwyn in 1085. Today, it is internationally famous for its 15th century stained glass second only to York Minster in importance, the largest collection of medieval tiles in the country and fine, carved wooden misericords. The Priory was bought by local people for £20 to save it from destruction in 1541, and since then has been the parish church at the centre of Great Malvern.